Card readers are fully programmable, allowing you to parse specific
information from the magstripe into your application.
To keep your card reader at optimum performance, it is recommended that
the card reader head be cleaned monthly or every five thousand card
swipes, which ever comes first. Some environments require cleaning more
often, and are listed below.
- Weekly-Recommended for heavy registration usage, any
locations where fluids could get on the magnetic stripe.
- Monthly-Recommended for moderate registration usage.
Please follow the following instruction for cleaning of the Wedge
- Open pouch and remove Head Cleaning Card.
- Swipe Head Cleaning Card repeatedly (7-8 times). Rotate the Head
Cleaning Card and repeat for each of its four side.
- Discard the used Head Cleaning Card.